Grateful, LLC is proudly represented by Chef Roland K. Smith Sr., who has over 20 years of Catering and Food Service Managing experience. Chef Smith, Sr. vows to offer the community a quality business, providing superb goods and exceptional services.
Our mission is to provide holistic services to the community through empowering our youth and young adults ages 14-25 with life, social and job skills; thereby rebuilding our families, thus our communities. Our vision is to expand upon Grateful, LLC. to fully support the needs of the community in the arena of Youth Mentoring, Adult Mentoring, Job Readiness, Entrepreneurship, College Preparation, Hair Care Services (in progress) and Assisted Living Homes (in progress).
Our first venture under Grateful, LLC. is Grateful Deli which is a local carryout and off-premise catering company that offers Specialty, Gourmet and “Award Winning” products development by Chef Smith, Sr. over the past years. The essence of Grateful Deli is to train and mentor youth both in the deli and catering business, allowing for them to gain culinary arts and employment experience to create a viable future. The youth also have access to develop their soft skills, people skills, educational skills, interviewing skills, time management and problem solving skills which cultivate their self-esteem; ultimately fostering their character to becoming productive human beings moving into contributing roles in society.
Chef Roland K. Smith, Sr.
Chef and CEO
- Certified Dining Facility Manager, U.S Army
- Food Service SGT Trainer and Manager, U.S. Army
- Certified Gas and Field Equipment Operator, U.S. Army
- Winner of Specialty Food, Women’s Housing Coalition
- Food Manager/Consultant, Family Inn Bakery & Deli
- Co-Director, On Our Shoulders
- Youth Mentor and Advocate
- Director of Youth Training, Hospitality Management
- Board Member, Harlem Park Lafayette Village Center
- Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor
- Foster and Volunteer Parent